End of the Summer

     

Boy! That went fast! 

My last post was the end of May, and now it's the end of August! Summer just flew by! Maybe because I was having such a great time!

June started out with the annual grandmother/granddaughter equine trip. This year we traveled to Kentucky horse country! It was amazing-I think this one was my favorite. We started out with a tour of Coolmore Stud Farm where we were able to meet Triple Crown Winner, Justify! What an incredibly gorgeous horse! As C said, we learned more about horse reproduction than we really cared to know! While in Lexington, we stayed at the beautiful and historic Brown Hotel. The dinner was fabulous!

Then we were off to Louisville and Church Hill Downs. We did the entire race course tour, watched five races, and then we were able to watch the running of the Belmont Stakes and another victory by Golden Tempo! It was wonderful, and we won a total of $12!!! We did a walking tour of downtown Louisville, cruised the Ohio River on The Belle of Louisville, went thrifting in Indiana, and had dinner at a rooftop restaurant! We also visited the Kentucky Horse Park and the state capital, Frankfort. My fingers are crossed for a Europe trip next year!

Lots of time spent by the pool and in the yard this summer. It was wonderful! I hosted several Happy Hours poolside, the UUC choir summer picnic, and other fantastic events. Everyone loved the alpacas! They were a huge hit! 

In July, I was able to spend 8 days in France visiting dear friends, seeing beautiful sites, and eating amazing food. I was able to go to Andorra, the co-principality in the Pyrenees mountains. The scenery was spectacular! On the 14th of July, we watched fireworks over the medieval walled city of Carcassonne. It was a dream come true! 

I spent some time in Atlanta with my girls-which is always a joy. And as fall rapidly approaches, I am excited about the upcoming academic year. I will continue to teach in the Graduate School of Organizational Leadership at Shenandoah, the Goucher Prison Education Partnership, and will also be teaching a French class at Frederick Community College! I am particularly excited about this class because I have not taught a foreign language class since 2018! 

The roller coaster of life continues!






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am so very thankful!

Welcome!